Something I whip up when am in a rush and when I don't have enough time to thaw out my well stocked frozen fresh tuna, seafood, chicken and beef.
Nope, not enough time to defrost today!
So instead I grab a can of tuna.
Let's move on to the recipe!
250 grams Penne Pasta
1 large onion coarsely chopped
Half a bulb of garlic minced
3 slightly ripe tomatoes each sliced in four halves
1 small can of tomato paste
Chopped mushrooms to your liking
10-12 Olives sliced
1 can of Maldives tuna in Olive oil
2 tspn red chilli powder
Herbs: Dried Basil & Oregano
Salt & Pepper
- Boil the penne pasta for 12-15 minutes drain and set aside
- On high flame heat a non-stick wok or pan for 2-3 minutes
- Throw in the onions let it char a bit then stir fry it for 1 minute
-Then add the garlic, let it char for a bit and add the mushrooms stir fry for 1 minute
- Set the charred onions, garlic & mushrooms aside on a plate
- Still on high flame place the tomato slices in the heated wok or pan, on their skin side and let it char for 2-3 minutes but don't burn them
- Turn down the heat to medium, drain the olive oil from the fish can onto the charred tomatoes (set aside the fish for later)
- Cook the charred tomatoes in the olive oil for 2 minutes, once it starts to bubble add in the chilli powder, herbs, some salt and pepper
- Add in the stir fried onions, garlic & mushrooms then mix it well
- Throw in the tuna and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Mix in the tomato paste, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 5 minutes
- Take off the lid, give it a good stir, throw in the chopped olives, fold in the pre-cooked pasta gently coating them with the tuna mixture, cover it with a lid and cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes
- Plate it, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with a generous amount of parmesan cheese