My mother makes the yummiest BBQ wings.
One of my family favourites, usually made during those boisterous large family gatherings to watch live football matches on tv.
I like it a bit hot & spicy, with a little bit of tanginess but not too sweet.
I have always loved this recipe - just try it once and am sure you would love it too!
- 1kg Chicken wings
- Salt & pepper
- BBQ sauce (my personal fav is Mango BBQ sauce)
- For brining: Add 1 tablespoon of salt for every cup of water and mix until the salt is completely dissolved. For example, if you are using 1 kg of chicken, make 2 litres of brine.
- Add into the brine a bit of pepper (corn or crushed or powder) to your liking.
- Now add 5 Tablespoons of BBQ sauce into the brine and mix it together (I have included below, a homemade BBQ sauce, but any store bought BBQ sauce would work just fine)
- Next, dump the wings into the brine mixture, refrigerate it overnight (do not freeze).
- The next day drain the brine solution, pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels
- Place the wings on a single layer rack, above a tray ( you can use a wire rack or a raked baking sheet - it's the same thing). Bake in a hot oven at 120C/250F for about half an hour - take them out and check.
- They should be juicy and almost cooked and almost good enough to eat but wait a minute, we have the last few steps to follow.
- line the wings up on a hot grill and brush them with BBQ sauce
- grill them until they began to pick up some color and flip them to brush the other side with BBQ sauce
- The sauce on the wings will soon caramelize and once the edges start to get a bit charred it's ready to serve.
BEST SERVED WITH:
- Salads: Coleslaw, Potato Salad, Greek Salad
- Baked or Fried Potato, Creamy Mashed Potato
- Roasted Vegetables
- It might sound weird but sometimes I love eating them on burgers - of course after deboning them.
EASY HOMEMADE BBQ SAUCE
Mustard Sauce, White Vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Tomato or Chilli Sauce, Honey, Brown Sugar, Paprika Powder, Pepper and Olive Oil
- Add and mix all the ingredients together in a bowl or pan
- Heat a pan and add the mixture, cook on low heat, when it starts to boil and bubble - it's ready!
DIG IN! ENJOY! HAVE FUN!
"Cherish every moment with those you love at every stage of your journey."
~Jack Layton ~